Description goes here
Cosy Heat PadThe Cosy Heat Pad provides warmth for sick, young or debilitated animals & birds.
- Hanging pouches for orphaned marsupials
- Veterinary operating tables and recovery rooms.
- Reptiles as a ground-level heat source.
- Birds & mammals in hospital cages & boxes.
- Dog & cat beds.
Size 260mm x 360mm Cover Material Soft non-toxic PVC Voltage 240 volts Power 10 watts High temperature protection Cut-off switchThe Cosy Heat Pad can be used in the following situations:
- Hanging pouches for orphaned marsupials: Place pad at back of pouch. Put insulation between pad and animal.
- Veterinarians: use on operating tables and in recovery rooms
- Reptiles: Place at one end of the enclosure so reptile can move on or off the heated area. Cover with layer of sand or flat rock
- Birds & Animals: Boxes and hospital cages. Place pad underneath or inside box or cage.
- Dog & Cat Beds: Place underneath bedding and provide protection from chewing.
DirectionsThe Cosy Heat Pad plugs in to a standard 240 volt electrical outlet. The pad works by gradually heating up the area under where the animal sits. The animal should have the ability to move off the heated area if it feels uncomfortable. The heater produces a temperature on the pad surface of about 15-20°C above room temperature. Monitor the temperature where the animal rests with a thermometer. It should be between 25°C and 35°C, depending on the age and type of animal. Seek advice from a veterinarian or experienced animal carer if unsure of your animal’s needs.
When room temperature is less than 10°C
Animals should be as close as practicable to the pad surface.
When room temperature exceeds 10°C
Animals should be insulated from the pad surface with layers of woollen fabric. The thickness of insulation required will depend on the room temperature and should be adjusted so that the animal is comfortable.
Heat stress can occur if the temperature is too high.
This device is fitted with a cut-off switch which limits the surface temperature of the pad, preventing excessively high temperatures.
CleaningThe outer PVC cover can be cleaned with a damp cloth or sponge. Unplug the device from the power outlet when cleaning. Do not immerse the pad in water.