Wombats are specialised burrowing marsupials, the three species being the Common (Bare-nosed), Northern & Southern Hairy-nosed. Wombats are herbivorous, and have a grazing diet consisting mostly of high-fibre native grasses. Being marsupials, they are born extremely undeveloped and remain in the mother's pouch for a prolonged period during early development. The young exit the pouch once fully-furred and continue to consume mother's milk until weaning on to solid foods. The milk of wombats changes significantly in composition over the course of lactation. We make 3 different stages of Wombat Milk Replacer to cater for the widely different nutritional needs of the developing joey.
Good Oil for Animals
The Good Oil for Animals is an Omega-3 & 6 supplement for animals deficient in essential fatty acids.
- Helps maintain a healthy skin and coat
- Contains fat soluble Vitamins including A, D3 & E.
- May be used to boost the energy content of diets to improve weight gain.
Download Data Sheet
Oleic Acid (omega 9) 410 g/litre Linoleic Acid (omega 6) 290 g/litre α-linolenic Acid (omega 3) 110 g/litre EPA (omega 3) 25 g/litre DHA (omega 3) 12 g/litre Vitamin A 30 mg/litre Vitamin D3 2 mg/litre Vitamin E 3 g/litre
250mL, 1 litre & 5 litres.
Dosage for Cats, Dogs & Other Pets
0.5mL per kg of body weight applied daily to food for 2 weeks, thereafter every second day. The highly palatable oil is readily accepted by most animals.
Directions for Marsupials
The Good Oil for Animals is indicated for juvenile marsupials for:
- Boosting the energy content in the milk of particularly fast-growing species such as bandicoots and small carnivorous marsupials.
- Animals with essential fatty acid deficiency to help promote a healthy skin, coat and cell membranes.
- Malnourished late lactation marsupials to help increase weight gain prior to weaning.
Dosage for Juvenile Marsupials
Use at the rate of 5mL added per 100mL of milk formula and mix thoroughly. Introduce gradually to avoid digestive upset. Do not over-supplement, as this will dilute the concentration of other nutrients in the milk and may lead to nutritional imbalance.
Note that all Wombaroo Milk Replacers already contain sufficient fatty acid content for their target species. Supplementation with The Good Oil for Animals is only recommended in the specific cases outlined above.