Guinea Pigs are herbivorous rodents that have a well-developed caecum (hind gut) for fermentation of plant material. They require a high fibre diet consisting mostly of grass and hay. Unlike other small mammals, guinea pigs have a have a special dietary requirement for Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) which they obtain from fresh plant material and leafy green vegetables.
Young guinea pigs are born well-developed (precocial), fully furred, eyes open and mobile soon after birth. They have a high requirement for protein in early life to sustain their rapid growth rate, and this is provided by the mother's milk for upto 3 weeks of age.
Our products include Guinea Pig Milk Replacer, hand-rearing accessories as well as healthy supplements and treats for adult guinea pigs.
Good Oil for Animals
The Good Oil for Animals is an Omega-3 & 6 supplement for animals deficient in essential fatty acids.
- Helps maintain a healthy skin and coat
- Contains fat soluble Vitamins including A, D3 & E.
- May be used to boost the energy content of diets to improve weight gain.
Download Data Sheet
Oleic Acid (omega 9) 410 g/litre Linoleic Acid (omega 6) 290 g/litre α-linolenic Acid (omega 3) 110 g/litre EPA (omega 3) 25 g/litre DHA (omega 3) 12 g/litre Vitamin A 30 mg/litre Vitamin D3 2 mg/litre Vitamin E 3 g/litre
250mL, 1 litre & 5 litres.
Dosage for Cats, Dogs & Other Pets
0.5mL per kg of body weight applied daily to food for 2 weeks, thereafter every second day. The highly palatable oil is readily accepted by most animals.
Directions for Marsupials
The Good Oil for Animals is indicated for juvenile marsupials for:
- Boosting the energy content in the milk of particularly fast-growing species such as bandicoots and small carnivorous marsupials.
- Animals with essential fatty acid deficiency to help promote a healthy skin, coat and cell membranes.
- Malnourished late lactation marsupials to help increase weight gain prior to weaning.
Dosage for Juvenile Marsupials
Use at the rate of 5mL added per 100mL of milk formula and mix thoroughly. Introduce gradually to avoid digestive upset. Do not over-supplement, as this will dilute the concentration of other nutrients in the milk and may lead to nutritional imbalance.
Note that all Wombaroo Milk Replacers already contain sufficient fatty acid content for their target species. Supplementation with The Good Oil for Animals is only recommended in the specific cases outlined above.