First Aid for Birds provides emergency nutrition for critically sick or orphaned birds.
- An instant energy, high protein boost for all sick birds.
- Highly digestible amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins & minerals for quick absorption.
- Invaluable assist-feeding formula for orphaned or injured birds.
Glucose, maltodextrin, Albumen, hydrolysed casein, vegetable oils, omega-3 & 6 fatty acids, vitamins A, B1,B2,B6, B12,C,D3,E,K, nicotinamide, pantothenic acid, biotin, folic acid, choline, inositol, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, zinc, iron, manganese, copper, iodine, selenium
50g, 250g & 500g.
Ensure that sick or injured birds are kept in a quiet and warm environment (approximately 28ºC).
Birds should be treated for hypothermia, dehydration and shock before attempted to being fed. Seek veterinary advice.
- Mix 6g (2 heaped teaspoons) of First Aid with 10mL of pre-boiled water heated to about 50°C
- Do not use immediately. Allow mixture to stand for 2 minutes to absorb all the water
- If too thick, reheat and add a little more water
- Feed First Aid at 35°C using a spoon or syringe
- Take care not to introduce food into the bird's windpipe
- Prepare First Aid fresh each time and feed until the bird recovers enough to eat its normal food.