Vitamin, mineral & essential nutrient supplement for captive primates including monkeys, apes, gibbons, marmosets & lemurs.
- Nutritionally Balanced: Provides a full range of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids that may be lacking in the captive diet.
- Scientifically Formulated: Based on published nutrient guidelines for non-human primates (NRC 2003).
- Palatable and Versatile: Can be blended with fruits or vegetables to form a highly palatable primate cake.
Download Data Sheet
Processed cereals & legumes (wheat, oats, rice, soy), meat meal, whey protein isolate, vegetable oils, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, lysine, methionine, taurine, carotenoids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12,C, D3, E, K, biotin, choline, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, zinc, iron, manganese, copper, iodine, selenium, 1g/kg Actigen® dried yeast prebiotic.
Preparation of Primate Cake
- Puree 800g of mixed fruits or vegetables in a blender (e.g. apple, banana, sweet potato, carrot, leafy greens or other suitable foods).
- Add 300ml of water to the puree and mix thoroughly at slow speed.
- Weigh 1200g of Primate Meal into a large bowl, then slowly work the fruit and veg puree into the meal to form a moist dough.
- Flatten the dough into a tray at a thickness of about 1cm and then freeze. Once the cake is set it can be sliced into useable squares. Cake may be stored frozen for upto 2 weeks.
Primate cake should represent from 20 to 40% of the diet.